Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recommend a mid-price video card that can accelerate Flash video playback?

Can someone recommend a decent value video card (PCI-express) that can accelerate Adobe flash video? I'm not a gamer so I'm not concerned with 200fps on games. I just want full screen fast flash video from Hulu/Youtube etc. and dual monitor support. If it accelerates video transcoding, even better. SO many models... so confused



My system:

* HP 9340f

* PCI express slot

* Win Vista



I currently have one Monitor with VGA input but will be buying a second LCD soon so dual monitor support is a must. Under $150 ideally? Thanks!|||For dual monitor support, almost all current video cards will support it. Some motherboards will allow it as well. As you have indicated a price of up to $150, you could choose from a bewildering array of cards. The entire ATI line either the 4000 or 5000 series will do exactly what you want. depending on where you intend to buy from, you might be able to find a Radeon HD 5750 for around that amount. This would give you a seriously reasonable card that would meet your needs until the next Windows is released.



I would urge you to look at the 5000 series but don't go below the 5600 level as performance diminishes rapidly. I would also give a serious look at the mid range of the 4000 series specifically the 4670 as these are a very good deal right now.



Nvidia is a difficult area for me as they keep changing the naming of their cards. I would pick a price point here and do a search online to compare results. See what you are offered at a specific price by multiple sellers. BTW, I don't use or recommend e-bay as there seem to be many scams there.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment