Monday, May 7, 2012

Good video card for a good price?

here is my dilemma. i just got a new computer and here are the specs:



Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)

Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz

6GB Memory/RAM

750GB Hard Drive + 500GB External

Blu ray/HD DVD Optical Drive

HP w2207h 22" LCD Monitor

Sony MHC-EC98P 530 watt speakers

Logitech MX Air mouse

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

and to top it off... ATI Radeon HD 3450 256mb graphics/video card.



i'm sure the guys at acer had a good laugh when they decided to build this computer, i'm not a computer genius but then again i'm not uneducated. i want to know what is a good video card that is worth my time and money upgrading to so i may enjoy these types of games:



- Need for speed undercover

- Grand theft auto IV

- Battlefield 2

- Call of duty 4

- Crysis



i hope you guys get the idea of what kind of a computer user i am by the info and hopefully you can give me a good video card upgrade recommendation, i don't want you guys to waste your time and try to find me a good deal, that's my job but if you have something in mind please feel free to share, my budget is around 150-200 before taxes however 200 is kinda pushing it for me. if anyone lives in canada and is near a bestbuy go look for this computer seriously. ACER AM5620-E5512A. thats the product, it was 699.99 my dad haggled it for 720 flat (monitor and speakers were not included, but oh well :P). THANKS ALOT!|||The Radeon 4850 is in your price range, just barely.



http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp…



Shipping here will vary depending on where you live but all costs are in C$ and are up front. I too live in Canada and have had good experiences with this outfit.



Good luck.|||I'd recommend a 9800GTX. It'd be a significant upgrade and should run about $150.



Need for Speed Undercover? I miss the old-skool NFSs... like Porshe Unleashed. That was a good game.|||Crysis is the tough one there. You'll need at least an nVidia Geforce 8800GT with a minimum of 512mb of onboard ram. To be safe, I'd go with the 9800GT. From ATI, the Radeon HD4870 with a minimum of 512mb of ram should get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment