Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video Card replacement for laptop?

I have a Compaq Presario F700 with a GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M and this video card is just terrible. I want to get a new one for a low price, but while shopping for a new one, I have run into different ones and I don't even know if they can get in my laptop. How do I know which ones will work in my laptop and which ones don't?|||First! there is no actually Graphic card in your laptop.



Graphic cards are made for Desktop computers that actually go into a slot on your motherboard.



Laptops have a Chip that does the graphics that is part of the laptop motherboard (they don't have room in a laptop for a card to come out).



So what does that mean? It means you can't replace your graphics on your laptop with out really just buying a new laptop. I think there might be some computer companies that you can send them your laptop and they can replace your motherboard with a new graphics, but that would cost almost as much as a new laptop.



Realize that laptops aren't build for gaming. Some Gaming laptops are, but most aren't! Graphics uses up more battery life. So there is no reason to put it in most laptops.|||you can't they are built into the motherboard|||They all don't work.



A laptop is virtually non-upgradeable for graphic cards



If you have an expresscard slot, ASUS has made a few external graphic cards.|||Contrary to what some say, some high-end laptops have graphics modules that can be upgraded. Unfortunately yours isn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment