Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video card upgrade and how to do it?

Hello,



I am using an ASUS M4A77D motherboard right now, and I'm using a really old video card. I am on a budget, so I was looking and the ATI Radeon HD5770 looked good for its price. My motherboard has a PCLe2.0x16 slot. Also, could you run me though the steps of upgrading? I'm not too tech savvy.|||Here is how it is done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ILrq7lMe…|||Check you have space around the pci-express slot as that card will probably take up 2x slots.



If you have an ATI card in at the moment, it should literally be a case of removing the old and putting in the new. If you're using nvidia or onbaord intel graphics you should uninstall the old drivers and in the case of onboard, disable it in the bios on the next boot after installing your new card.



You should also check that your PSU can deliver the power for the card, I'd say at least 500W and you'll need a 6-pin power connector from the PSU to power the card too.|||1. open your old video card

2. take a new video card & plug into the motherboard slot.

3. connection power properly.

4. start your Computer

5. click right bottom on my computer

6. click properties

7. click hardware

8. click device manager

9. upgrade your video card

Finally install your video card properly.|||1. Buy card.

2. Get card.

3. Insert card into PCIe slot.

4. Insert power cable into card.

5. Plug monitor into card.

6. Start up computer, install drivers.

7. ????

8. Profit!



It's really not hard to figure out. Just make sure your power supply is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment