Friday, April 27, 2012

What video card is a good upgrade from a 7800gt?

I need a comparable, price to performance ratio, to the 7800gt in today's video market. I have not been keeping up with the latest video cards. can some of card owners', with similar cards, suggest what you have upgraded to.

Also did you notice any change in quality in terms of texture mapping, AA, anisotropic filtering, shader,etc?|||The only card worth purchasing @ this point would be the 8800 GTX. You can run DX10 @ the hardware level, but you have to get Windows vista, and a DX10 game, in order to take advantage of the cards new technology.|||you might want to keep it for a while longer.. i have 7600 and it does a good job with any game|||I'd recoment an 8800 GTS, its really good if you dont want to spring for the best card on the market, but you still want something with extreme performance, and DX10 support.|||buy nvidia 8800GT, great performance, while price is not too high.|||I just went from a geforce 7300 to a EVGA geforce 8800 gts superclocked 640mb the other day. I got it for $429.99 and a $30 mail in rebate from tigerdirect. This card is AMAZING! If you want that directx10 you will have to get Vista but I think you might want to wait until service pack 1 is out. Also with the step up program that EVGA offers you can upgrade your card to the 9 series when its out as long as its within 90 days, and you only have to pay the difference.|||Ok, I first had a 7800gtx with amd fx 60. it was fine with most games. After that I moved to a brand new system and bought a intel core 2 duo with 7950gx2. It played my games alot better but they didnt look better.

Now, I own a 8800gtx overclocked a bit. I now can run HDR with antialiasing. This makes a huge difference. And with shader model 4 or dx10 out now, the 7800 can not produce it.

I will say if your not in a rush wait till atleast Nov when Crysis is out. But if your itching to get a new one the king out there, the 8800gtx is best video card period. It blows away the compition in every thing. Look at the demo of this card at www.nvidia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment