Monday, May 7, 2012

Best Video Card in Price Range?

Hi. I am trying to decide whether I want a regular, mid or expensive video card for my computer. I play some games, but right now I want your opinion on what is good. I know nVidia and ATI make cards and I don't want to get into a "who's better" argument. What I would like to ask all you computer experts out there is to recommend one card from each category. Here are the features I would like to have:



1). PCIex16, 1 Gig RAM ($125 or less) or recommend one that will be good with other spec

2). PCIex16, 1 Gig RAM ($125 - $225)

3). PCIex16, 1 Gig RAM ($225 - $325)



I can't afford more than $325 for a video card, so please, no really expensive ones!



I only want to buy one card to fit into one slot, but if a video card has more than one GPU core, that's fine.



Games I am thinking of: Crysis, Left for Dead, Call of Duty, WoW|||Do you already have a sufficiently sized PSU (Power Supply Unit) to run a newer dedicated video card or should that be factored into the price range?



I'd recommend looking over the Tom's Hardware: "Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2011" article linked below. They categorize cards by performance and price ranges, which should cover what you are looking for. Of course pricing changes from day to day from online vendors, but it should get you an idea of what cards fall in range for you.|||For option #1

Check out the GTS 450

http://www.geforce.com/#/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gts-450/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment