Friday, May 4, 2012

Would this video card, which is the best I can seem to find within my price range be best for fallout 3?

XFX PVT95GZAFG GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Low Profile Ready Video Card - Retail

It says it needs a 350 watt power supply, in which case I'm prolly gunna have to upgrade my power supply from 300w to something higher. No biggie. power supplies are cheap. But would this be ok to run fallout 3 smoothly? also I have 512 ram an am def gunna upgrade but what would be the best to upgrade to?

This is what intel says about my motherboard....

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboar…

What should I do, and why?|||There's too many factors. I would think that if you're monitor is under 20 inches, you should be able to play it without much problems. Also, I would advise you to get a 400w one.|||your gonna want at least a gig of ram for ur mobo, that vid card should run it ok on decent settings. I have a 8800 ultra 768 mb and it runs great. If you don't have a huge monitor 512mb of video ram will be enough, u only need a lot of video ram for large resolutions (1680*1050 or greater is large). BTW its also easy to overclock the gefore 8 and 9 series, so google overclock settings and crank it up, once u register with xfx they'll replace ur card even if u blow it up, which is relaly hard to do in teh first place. 400-500 watt should do teh job as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment