Sunday, May 6, 2012

Will a 30mm tall video card fit in my HP Pavilion a6242n Desktop?

I found an HD3850 video card at a great price but how do you fit a 30mm card into a normal slot? (No I'm not talking about the PCIE x16 slot) I am talking about the slot on the case. Do I just put it in like any other video card?|||30 mm= 3 centimeters, or about an inch.

are you sure you measured correctly?



the 3850 goes into a PCI-E slot, not any other slot..



its easy to put in the slot, first, you open up your case, just slide it into the slot firmly, pulling the little lever on the side if you have to.

Then connect the six pin PCI-E cable to the card and you are done! (if you don't have the cable, then your power supply is not powerful enough. also, make sure you installed the drivers for the card)

No comments:

Post a Comment