Friday, May 4, 2012

Is this a good video card for video playback and a good price?

im thinking of getting a eVGA NVidia GeForce 6800GT video card for $30 from a friend, is this a decent card for video playbakc/movies transfered to a decently large (377in) tv? Im trying to find a video card with s-video output (or a popular tv output) for my old desktop to make it a media machine. I already have a video card on my motherboard so does it even matter if the graphics card is good? please help, im looking to pay about $50-$70 for something that will look good and ill want to keep/use for a couple of years? thanks.|||yes, your going to need something a bit stronger. At least a 8800.|||I recently added a HD2400 to a very old Hp. I picked it up on ebay for about $40.00. Had to have one that would fit pci slot and, it was between the HD2400 and, Geforce 8400. It plays dvds and, video with no problem. I'm even able to play some games.|||That is some outdated technology. I would try to get the 9000 series. I bet you could get one of those on ebay for that price range. You can get hdmi with the newer cards which is much better than s-video

No comments:

Post a Comment