Friday, May 4, 2012

Can my Intel GMA 3100 video card play The Sims 3 to the fullest extent?

If not I was planning on buying a GeForce 210 video card. However, I don't know if this would be the optimal card to buy for a reasonable price. I would be switching out the video card my self and I don't know if I need a single port or a double port video card for my HP Pavilion a6400f PC.|||No on both counts. The X3100 is a horrible integrated piece of crap. The Geforce 210 is a bottom-end turd. They're both junk. You'll need something better than that. And what do you mean by single port or double port? That makes no sense.



Ah, okay. It doesn't matter as long as you have room for it. Also, you have to consider your power supply. Depending on your budget...



$50 - Radeon 6450

$75 - Radeon 6570

$100 - Radeon 6670



Those are going to be the best you can do with your current power supply. Anything more will require you to replace the power supply with a beefier model. Nvidia simply can't compete with AMD on price/performance in that range, at least not when you take a weak power supply into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment